Tuesday 15 July 2008

Little T, Big Wheels



Inspiration is a funny thnig, and something I think about a lot. My plans for a day, week, or even the rest of my life can vary depending on what I've seen, done or been in the last hour. It hits at funny times too - I can build a model for days and days, thinking of nothing else, then suddenly get un-inspired and not touch it for months or years, if ever. I'm skitty like that.

Sometimes I'm inspired, and I don't even know what to do with that inspiration - usually by something so off the wall, my brain can't quite work out what it's meant to do the feelings it's feeling. This build is just such a thing. Posted by Model Cars Mag forum goer Crap'n Blaque, this T breaks every rule I've ever set myself - and I love it!

Mixing 1/25th and 1/32nd parts isnt something I'd ever considered before, but that undersided Lindbery T body, mixed with oversized Boyd Coddington AMT Deuce wheels make for a really original build that Roth, or anyone form my beloved Coffin Corner would be proud to have come up with. It looks cartoon-y, but also possible in 1:1 (lets face it, some crazier stuff than this got built in the 60s), and beautifully proportioned. The frame is a stunner too, in case you were wondering.

Be brave, mix it up a little.

JB

No comments: