Wednesday 19 March 2008

My Mardave Ministock



I know I only chatted RC cars a couple of days ago, but getting this beauty in the post today meant I've messed with little else.

Ok, calling it a beauty is probably stretching the word to trade-descriptions-worrying edges of it's definition, but there's something cool about a rough and ready race car, fresh off the track. And this one is ROUGH. Massive chunks out of the tyres from some exciting oval-shaped battle, a little rust here and there, and some paint that doesnt belong to it on the drivers side door. Proud scars from a hard live on the circuits.

The Mardave Ministock is outdated now, so the pros tell me, but I know it inside out and I'm confident I can get one running good results in just a few meetings. Admittedly, I've had to spend £100 on parts and spares (compared to £55 for a new one) to get it even raceable, but it'll be well worth the effort. And that's all part of the hot rod spirit, right? Taking the expensive old thing and making it perform as well or better than the new thing?

I know how to build the car, my driving skills might need a little tuning of their own since it's been almost a decade since I did this last.

Keep ya posted...

JB

No comments: