Monday 31 March 2008

It's Paintin' Season!



And also, beach season. My favourite time of the year, by far. Just seeing a little sun has got me inspired and outside priming and painting again. Lacking the room for a spraybooth, I have to let off all the real poisonous stuff (no, not my farts) outside, and somewhere as rainy as this little country can leave you wanting.

I lvoe getting out and about when I'm not modelling to check out new places (and new hobby shops!), and something I spoted last year on a long hot day at the beach was a bunch of these cool old winches - presumably used to land small boats. There were dozens, and I snapped a few of their rusty (yet still functional) forms for inspiration. I know there's not a direct correlation to cars, but if you're into beaters/rat rods/rusty rods/whatever, they're certainly a cool thing to study. The sea air certainly ruins a nice finish quickly, but I'm looking forward to discovering more cool stuff that I can link, however tenuously, to my modelling.

Just hope I didnt jinx summer with this blog...

JB

1 comment:

durga said...

Excellent read. I like your style...have a good one!/Nice blog! Keep it up!
Boyd Coddington Wheels