Monday 16 June 2008

Big Brothers

Big Brother fever is sweeping the country again, and it's the time of year when people would rather be out in beer gardens but find themselves at home watching Channel 4 every night. These big ol' Yanks would be a great addition to the evening TV schedule:





These two big bad beefcakes are the last two in this mini series of builds that Harley Richards very kindly donated to me, via a Coffin Corner charity auction. I've soaked up incredible amounts of ideas, tips and inspiration just from looking at these builds and I know I'm going to enjoy them for years to come. The diecasts are on my desk next to where I'm typing, the built kits are on my display shelf and all the cool stuff he showed me when I was collecting this bounty is STILL bouncing around my head weeks later. The gorgeous brown-primer 32 roadster. The slingshot dragster. The unusual kits that I'd never even heard of before. The rare old Parts Paks and kits that I'd kill to have in my collection - tonnes of things.

One thing really stuk though. Harley's desk was a quarter of the size of mine but IMMACULATE. Two projects sitting there, works in progress. A cool little bike frame with engine (which itself inspired me - I love seeing stuff in progress and seeing one of Harleys builds in progress is like hearing your favourite band recording a new song) and another one. No parts laying about, no tolls scattered everywhere - I gotta get myself together. Hence today, to celebrate and pay tribute to these many fine builds, I'm tidying my bench. Who knows, it may even stay tidy for a couple of days until 'new project fever' hits again...

JB

No comments: