Friday 6 June 2008

MG



My family's got a little history with Morris garages and their products. As a kid I was dragged around countless MG Owners Club shows until we finally got our own (modest) slice of the pie; a got-the-runs-yellow rubber bumper Midget. I think it's still in a shed somewhere, but noone's in a rush to drag it out right now. My mother works, and has worked for as long as I can remember, for the MG Owners Club, she drives MG Metros rather than the regular Austin/Rover versions and our coffee table is home to today's newspaper and 'Enjoying MG' magazine.

This in mind, I've never actually contemplated adding a scale MG to my collection. I should've probably, those old pre-MGA roadsters that I saw all those shows cant have hurt in the development of my love affair with the shape of Americas equivalent early Fords.

I forget which model of MG this is, my encyclopedic knowledge of these things has waned somewhat since I discovered girls, but the shape of that wheel arch, that sexy wire wheel and the louvres mean this old English lady, kindly donated by Harley, is certainly welcome in my collection any day.

JB

No comments: