Sunday 22 June 2008

Cool Cooling



Sometimes all it takes to kick start a stalled project is a little inspiration. Having been stuck on my kustom 40 Ford project for a couple of weeks, I decided to do a little digging through my parts stash. Now, I've done all the hard work on this Ford, there was a TONNE of bodywork that needed attention before I even started with the kustom touches - the teardrop rear fenders, the new grille, the new lights and all the little tweaks that I wanted to make.

All that's needed is paint, a few minor bits and pieces (the steering wheel, some scratchbuilt rear shocks, stuff like that) and then it's ready for assembly and detailing. The cooling system had me stumped for a while, with the radiator being so visible it had to be something cool (pardon the pun) but also functional. Whatever I chose, it'd be visible from the front through the grille, when looking towards the front of the car from the back and from above. This was not a job for your ordinary rectangular radiator.

GSo, with a little digging, I came up with this interesting piece. I like the asymmetrical design of the pipes routing out of the top, I like the size of it (it fills the bottom of the front grille, whilst leaving a gap at the top where those wonky pipes can be viewed nicely) and it's not like anything I've ever seen before.

Now to finish the paint...

JB

No comments: