Monday 23 June 2008

Magic Cupboard #1: Uncertain T



I'd wager that some of the readers of this blog will have a Magic Cupboard. It may not be a cupboard, it may be a Magic Pile or a Magic Attic or a Magic Somewhere else. Mine though is a cupboard.

Some people call them 'grails', but I just call them 'projects I'll build when I'm a bit better so I can do them justice'. Much simpler that way...

I realised today that most of my very favourite unbuilt kits are hidden away and I dont ever really see them, so the Magic Cupboard series (named after where I keep al these unbuilt kits) is gonna expose some of the cool stuff I'm saving for a time when I can build them to the level I want to.

Theyre not all rare or valuable, but this one is both. It cost me some £200 from eBay a while back, it's an original issue Uncertain T and it IS gonna be built. A resin copy has been in production for a while (more on that the very second one reaches my door) and that will no doubt form a test run for this 'real' build, but in the meantime this kit couldn't be further from the front of the pile.

If you ever find one of these somewhere, buy it, it'll bring a little bit of joy to your life guaranteed.

JB

No comments: