Thursday 7 February 2008

Fred Mellini's Lil' Hangman



Another day, another killer work in progress. Cool concept? Check. Looking amazing all mocked up and in primer? Check. Got a good name? Check!

Fred Mellini is a Coffin Corner member whose work I admire very much indeed, and when I first saw this build it got me pretty stoked. By the time I saw it again on it's wheels I knew I had to feature it.

Based on a Lil Yeller showrod kit, Fred came up with the concept of a kinda killing machine-cum-towtruck, with a noose out back where a winch and hook would normally be. I love the little mini pick-up bed out back, the wider and wider-er tyres and that crazy engine.

Another great build I wished I'd thought of first...I'm gonna be watching this one closely in case Fred leaves a window open so I can bring it home with me. And any build worth risking prison for (especially when I've ALREADY been questioned by the fuzz tonight) has gotta be a winner.

Once you've checked his build out on the CC, check out his website. Anyone who kitbashes, resin casts and scares kids with a 1:1 hearse and clown outfit is alright by me!

JB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this. Really am curious 'bout those wheels and tires. Where did they come from?? I've not seen any that wide before.

James said...

Groovy Grader maybe?

http://www.showrods.com/gallery_pages/groovy_grader3.html