Saturday 23 February 2008

Holy Grails #2: The Bathtub



Ever fancied cruising in your bathtub? No, me neither. You'd be cold, get strange looks and afer the bubbles have all blown away you'll get arrested. Didn't stop the crazy folk at Elden coming up with this beauty back in 69. A lot of weird crap appeared in the sixties...ever noticed that?

Anyway, this one has been on my 'must have' list for a while, and I managed to pick up this built-but-complete example on eBay last week. Decent condition, and now I've seen it in the plastic I like it even more than I did from the pics I'd seen.

What's not to like? Leather lined bathtubs out back, toilet up front, twin toilet roll bumpers, tortilla tyres and a set of the coolest headers ever to grace a showrod.

Read more about it here. Good work Bob Reisner!

JB

Tomorrow: how the box this thing was shipped in was nearly as cool as the actual kit...

No comments: