Thursday 24 January 2008

A Chocolate Flavour Deuce



I don't like to indulge myself too often by posting up my own projects here, but I'm quite pleased with this one. This is number 1 in a series of about a thousand Deuces that I've got planned, assuming I can get them done before the end of all time.

I'm calling her the Chocolate Brownie, and she's finished in a semi-gloss brown paint mix of my own invention. It looks a little dark in the pics, but it matches a Mars Bar just perfect in real life.

Power is from a slightly warmed over Nailhead (dig those cool air filters!) and she's got a chopped up frame out back to accommodate a leaf spring/banjo set-up.

Finishing this seems a long way away, even though all the scratchbuilding is done and it's mostly painting that I've got left to handle now but every time I drop that motor in there it looks so cool that I wanna get going on it again. In fact, that's what I did this morning, right before I got the urge to prime the rest of the parts to get her finished.

Compared to a lot of the fancy birthday presents I like to post up here this is just a pair of socks, but hey, sometimes we need socks, right?

JB

No comments: