Tuesday 15 January 2008

How My Mouth Got Me In Trouble

I'm a lippy kinda guy. it doesn't take much for me to open my mouth and say what I think. If I love something, I'll jump right in there and say so, and if I don't I'll say so too. I'm trying not to be so blunt, not everyone finds it attractive, but there we go.

How is this related to modelling, I hear you ask? Well, same applies on the net - and there's nothing more likely to get my (virtual) lips flapping than talk of a contest or community build. Here's the kinda trouble I'm trying to build my way out of right now:

AutoModelling.com Chevy CBP
This one ended a while ago, but I allowed an extension (practically insisted on it) to get my build done. Cheeky? Probably...but all that BMF fried my brain. Shoulda done a 55, shoulda done a 55, shoulda done a 55.

The Great Pick-Up CBP

Might get this one done - doing a Beer Wagon and it's not THAT complex. The wood might show me down though, and I'm trying hard to resist detailing it beyond common sense...

Youpey's Super Annual Super Model Contest
I gotta keep what I'm building for this a secret, which is hard for me, but its Tamiya, pretty simple, curbside and its moulded in yellow. Saying no more...

Coffin Corner Vette Van Contest
This one's gonna be messy...see here for a little more on this one.

40 Ford War
The idea was simple - everyone pair up, grudge race style, and compete against the other person to build the bitchin-est 40 Ford ever. Obviously, I somehow ended up in a three-horse race and the crappiest starting point I've ever seen.

2008 World's Most Beautiful Roadster Contest
I got a shopping list and a dream. That's all right now.

If anyone sees me entering another contest don't be at all surprised - I'll get 'em al done one day. And as long as it's fun, that's kinda the whole point to me.

JB

No comments: