Saturday 12 January 2008

Junkyard Jewels #1 Update - The Frame Identified!

If you caught the first part of Junkyard Jewels #1 you might be wondering what that frame was. Sleepless nights, tossing and turning? Worry not, for the answer is here!

Thanks to Coffin Corner members Flounder and RatRod we can now reveal that the frame is from one of these cool old kits:



First issued by AMT in 1972 as a Tommy Ivo rail replica, the kit was subsequently reissued, slightly modified, as a streamliner, then with a jet turbine engine out back as the 'Turbosonic', then finally once more in the 80s as a sand rail.

Which version I have here, I have no idea, but the knowledge of the guys on the CC who helped me out, and also Tim Boyd's excellent book 'Collecting Model Car And Truck Kits', I now know a whole lot more than I did a few days ago. Thanks fellas!

JB

No comments: