Tuesday 29 January 2008

Parts parts parts



Hot rodding is literally all about parts. Taking off parts, replacing parts, putting on parts. Hunting down that elusive part for a build or buying a rare or interesting part for a build not yet started. That's what Junkyard Jewels is all about, my obsession with parts.

With all my obsessive compulsive tenancies towards model car components you'd thing I'd be able to make hundreds and hundreds of finished models. Not so. I'm trying to finish up the Chocolate Brownie Deuce from a few days ago in the next couple of days - a self imposed deadline to see if I can actually finish a build in a timely manner.

So far, outlook aint good. Need a distributor. Need plug wire. Need all kinds of engine components to finish properly the Nailhead you see above. And do you know how hard some of this stuff is to come by? Pretty hard, seriously. I know of one distributor in the UK who mail orders plug wire, for example. They're out of every colour but blue and purple. Blue brown and red coloured Coupe? Nope. Purple, brown and red coloured Coupe? Nope nope nope.

Got plenty of red (perfect) and black (perfect) here somewhere, I'm sure, unless I gave it away or never actually had it or lost it or whatever, but it was simply quicker and easier to order some and hope it comes day after tomorrow so I can get this thing finished.

Moral of the story: buy more stuff! Best twisted logic since yesterday.

Peace

JB

No comments: