Friday 18 January 2008

Junkyard Jewels #2: Tool Box and Tools




Welcome to the second of our irregular series on "Junkyard Jewels". Most of my junkyard jewels arrive in a big box, often stuff with smaller boxes to organise them. Exhausts in one box, wheels and interior parts in another - whatever (often crooked) filing system the previous owner decided to keep them in.

When I get a box full of boxes of partsI'm very quick to tip parts everywhere, examine them, and then put them back in the box. Very very rarely I break this (loose) rule though, and keep a particularly cool find on my bench. But it's very rare that I find one that warrants being there. It's got to keep my attention for days or weeks for that to happen.

This cool little tool box (which was, itself a box in a box in a box until recently) is one of the coolest Junkyard Jewels I've found to date I think. I don't know where it came from or how old it is, as with most of my Jewels, but it's been right in the middle of my workbench for ages now.

Open it up and you see a little tray with moulded in detail of a bunch of tools:



Remove that and there's THESE little beauties:



I dont know where, when or if I'll ever reincorporate this awesome little box into a build, it's cool just as it is, but until I decide for definitele this tiny toolkit is gonna live right in front on me on my bench to make me smile a little whenever I tip the tools out on the bench.

JB

No comments: