Thursday 3 January 2008

Mike Proteau's WMBMR08 Contest Build



It was exciting for me, just a day after putting the world out about the World's Most Beautiful Model Roadster Build, to see a mock up appear already in a thread on Scale Auto. Mike Proteau, aka "2004F4" was the first to jump on the wagon with this one and even at this early stage it's a cool looking little build.

Mike has used an AMT 32 frame with the AMT Ala Kart body and bed, which to my eyes is a great looking combination. Haters of over-sized wheels, don't despair, they're just there for the mock up. Mike emailed me today and told me that he's just working out his options as far as a mill goes, and promised more in-progress pictures when he gets there.

One of the coolest things about this contest is going to be seeing the builds in progress, people bounching off each other and seeing what cool original ideas people come up with. Makes me wanna get started on mine, and I'm almost ready to start thinking about considering contemplating coming up with an idea...

JB

No comments: