Friday 25 January 2008

Junkyard Jewels #5: Wheel and Tyre



Wheels are a big part of a build. Aside from the paint, they're the first thing I always look at on any build I see for the first time. They can make or break a car and give it character. How many people build a project just around the wheels? Not many I'd bet, but that's probably what I'll do with this.

Where would a starting point like this take me? Well, I only got one wheel and one tyre, so to the resin casting supply chop first off, probably...

I don't quite know if I like this wheel or not, and I think that's why I considered it a jewel. Out of context, without the car that it was designed to be attached to, I cant imagine what to do with it. I'm guessing 70s muscle car or sports car of some sort, but who knows? But, with my love of planning a project, it's fun to work out what would go with this wheel. What parts to use. What project to build around it.

Whatever it is, and whenever I build it, just for the record I'm thinking some kinda track car. Revvy little 4 pot motor, tubular frame, IFS, IRS, and a nice white circle on the doors. See how I can amuse myself mentally for hours (honestly, I could write all night) with even a part like this? That's why I love this sport, sport.

JB

No comments: